Media Players, Inc. ("Media Players") is committed to protecting online user privacy. In order to ensure your privacy while using this website, we collect your information only in the manner and for the purposes described below.
Our Site is not directed towards children 13 years of age or younger and we do not knowingly collect any information from children 13 years of age or younger through the Site.
Personally Identifiable Information
Although you may generally use our Site without providing us with any personally identifiable information, for some Site applications or services, we may collect certain types of personally identifiable information, including: name, postal address, e-mail addresses, birth date, and phone number. This type of information is only collected from you voluntarily; we will never gather or store such information without your knowledge and consent. Examples of where we might gather such information from you: when you sign up to receive e-mail updates or newsletters about the Site, our products, or services; to allow you to register or update your individual profile on the Site; to help personalize the Site for you; or to allow you to provide feedback, or ask a question. In some situations, you will need to provide some or all of the above-described personally identifiable information in order for certain personalized features of the Site to function properly (e.g., company and product email alerts).
We may use such information to contact you about our products, company or other related marketing or promotional purposes.
We do not share personally identifiable information collected at this Site with third parties, except for the limited instances noted below. The exceptions are:
- We may share your information with our agents who assist us in administering the Site and various programs and promotions. They can only use the information to administer our Site, services, and products. These agents are required to keep your information private and secure.
- If you opt-in (either at the time of providing personally identifiable information, or at a later time) to have us share your information with our partners for the purpose of receiving information from our partners and other companies.
- We may also disclose personally identifiable information if we are required to comply with laws, or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights of Media Players, its customers and the public.
- In the event of an acquisition of all or part of Media Players by another company, or in the event that Media Players was to sell or dispose of all or a part of the Media Players business, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by Media Players, which could include personally identifiable information, subject to applicable law. Similarly, information may be transferred as part of a reorganization or insolvency proceeding.
Although we use reasonable efforts to maintain the privacy of your personally identifiable data and information, due to technological limitations, and the risk of unlawful interceptions and accessing of transmissions and/or data, we cannot completely assure you, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable data and information, and any other electronically communicated information, will be absolutely confidential.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We also collect and store non-personally identifiable information, such as visitor traffic, page hits, Site referral information, browser information, downloads, and general Site sue information through typical Internet data collection tools, such as web beacons, cookies, and embedded web links.
Automatically Collected Log Information
In addition to the information discussed above, when you visit the site we may collect and store the following information in our logs for each browser request. We may use such information for development and marketing purposes (we will not use IP addresses externally except as set forth above):
The tools we use do not obtain personal information about you and cannot obtain information from your hard drive or pass on a computer virus. We use non-personal information to better understand the use of this Site, to improve and revise the Site, and to track interest.
- the date and time
- the originating IP address
- the type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser)
- the URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- the object requested
- completion status of the request
- pages visited
Demographic Information and Surveys and Polls
We may ask for demographic or profile (age, gender, household, interests, etc.) information in a survey/poll or at registration. This information is used to assist us in tailoring the site, our communications, and our services and products to visitors and consumers. We may share aggregated demographic and survey information, as opposed to individual information, with third parties. You always have the option of not responding to any questionnaire, survey, or poll.
Security, Opting Out, and Access to Information
Media Players uses commercially reasonable efforts to keep personally identifiable information secure. Only authorized Media Players employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information and only to help Media Players administer its promotional programs and the site.
If you have signed up to receive newsletters and email from us, we will make every effort to have all such communications allow you to opt-out of further such communications. To unsubscribe from our mailing list(s), please email email@example.com.
If enabled on the site, you may visit your account settings page to delete your account and/or information. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of your account and/or information. Please note that any information that we have may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. This may be the case even though no information about your account remains in our active user databases. Also please note that log files are not affected by account deletion requests.
Links to Other Internet Websites
Sale of Assets
In the event that there is a merger, consolidation, reorganization, or another company acquires the stock or assets of Media Players, we reserve the right to include information among the assets to the changed corporate structure.